Lynchburg's Commonwealth's Attorney
A Leader in the Courtroom
A Leader in the Office
A Leader in the Community
Sign Up For E-Mail Updates
Bethany Harrison Elected Commonwealth's Attorney
Lynchburg’s next Commonwealth’s Attorney will be the first female Commonwealth’s Attorney in the city’s history after Bethany Harrison’s historic landslide victory November 7th. Harrison, the city’s current Chief Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney, won nearly 2/3 of the vote, besting her opponent Carlos Hutcherson 65%-34%.
MY COMMITMENT TO YOU
1. Never forget I work for you and your family.
2. Always work to keep this community safe by vigorously prosecuting violent crime.
3. Bring experienced, principled, conservative leadership to the office.
4. Act with the integrity and professionalism the legal community has grown to expect from me.
5. Respect and defend the Constitution, ensuring fair and equal treatment under the law to all.
Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney
The Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney is responsible for the prosecution of all violations of the criminal law occurring in the City of Lynchburg. In addition, the office handles a variety of other public safety responsibilities ranging from training and advice to police officers to helping victims cope with the consequences of crime. Our office consists of a Commonwealth's Attorney, 2 Deputy Commonwealth's Attorneys, 9 Assistant Commonwealth's Attorneys, and a support staff of 19 members. We prosecute over 1,500 felony cases and more than 2,000 misdemeanor cases each year.